Photos are important in our daily lives. Have you deleted photos from your Windows? Now you want to recover deleted or lost pictures in Windows for use. It is easy to get your pictures back from the recycle bin on your computer. But if you have done a permanent deletion by clicking Shift+Delete or accidentally emptying the recycle bin, it’s tricky to recover deleted photos in Windows. Just chill out, we will cover you with it. If you don’t know how to find your important photo on the PC, you can read this article. We will share with you some expert photo recovery methods to recover lost or deleted photos safely and quickly.
Why do your photos get deleted or lost?
Before you get your deleted or lost photo back, you should know why your photos are missing.Therefore, you can quickly recover your photo files from your PC with the appropriate methods.
- Accident Deletion – When you don’t need some old or ugly pictures, you click and delete them. But you may delete some important photos along with unwanted images because of your carelessness.
- Empty Your Recycling Bin – When you delete documents in a normal way, they will be transferred to recycling bins for users on Windows. But sometimes you want to free up your Windows storage and empty the recycle bin, you will permanently delete image files on your computer.
- Attack Virus – Some images will be deleted without the user permission because some harmful viruses attack your computer.
How to Recover Deleted or Lost Pictures in Windows 11/10/9/8/7 from Recycle Bin
If you temporarily delete your important photos on your PC, you can check the recycle bin and see if they are still there. Thankfully, the photos did not disappear. You can restore the photos as you wish and return them to the original storage location for free. Follow the steps below to help you recover photos on Windows
- You can double-click on the recycle bin icon on Windows.
- When you open the Recycle Bin, find the deleted images you want to recover.
- Right-click on the deleted photos and select “Restore” in the pop-up menu.
- After you confirm the yes, here you will get your deleted photo in the original location on your computer.
In different versions of Windows, the steps for recovering deleted photos from recycling bins are almost similar.
How to Restore Photos After Windows Upgrade
If you can’t find your photos after updating your Windows, your image files may be hidden somewhere. For example, if your window changes from 10 to 11, you can search for them in File Explorer. Usually, every Windows upgrade doesn’t delete your photos or other files, but some technical problems can occur. Therefore, it is better to back up important photos and other files before you upgrade to Windows. Follow the steps to uncover them in the new Windows version.
- Type File Explorer options in the search box and select it from the list on your computer.
- Then you need to click on the View option, and select Hidden files and folders in the advanced settings.
- Now you can find your missing photos by typing the asterisk (*) and the missing file extension, such as *. jpeg or *. png.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Backup
You find that your photos are permanently deleted. You can rely on backup recovery if you have created a backup of your computer photos on an external drive, Dropbox, and One Drive. After you upgrade to a new version, you can register your accounts, check the missing photos in the backup, and restore them to a new location on your computer. Maybe you have used File History to back up deleted photos on your Windows, and you can get permanently deleted photos back with it in Windows 8.
- You can open the Control Panel and choose File History on the computer.
- Then you need to go to the folder that contains the deleted photos on the computer.
- Here you can select the backup file you want to retrieve and click on the Restore icon to return the photo files to their original location.
How to Recover Deleted or Lost photos with Data Recovery Tool -ONERECOVERY
Unfortunately, if you have emptied your Recycle Bin, recovering the photo may be a little challenging now. You can move to this method and retrieve deleted photos with a photo recovery tool. ONERECOVERY is a powerful and professional data recovery tool for Windows users. It can completely recover lost media, photos and files and emails , etc. When you run this software on your Windows, it will run a full scan to find all videos and photos on your Windows and help you repair corrupted files or recover lost photo files.
- Download ONERECOVERY Photo Recovery software.
- Launch the software on your PC.
- Then you need to select the recycling bin location where you lost the photo. And the ONERECOVERY photo tool starts scanning the location to find lost photos.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview the recovered photos from the computer and click “Restore” and save them to a new location on your computer.
As an all-in-one photo recovery tool, ONERCOVERY will help you recover important photos on PC and from external storage devices. And you can have a free trial with this photo recovery tool. Applied to Windows 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, it can help you successfully and safely get your deleted photos and other important files back in seconds.
You can take a deep breath now. If you can’t find your photos on your computers, go to the recycle bin to restore them. If that doesn’t work, you can use ONERECOVERY data recovery tool to retrieve old, lost, deleted photos back on your Windows. In case you don’t want to waste time looking for lost photos, it’s better for you to have multiple backup storage.