Last Updated Date: Jan 16, 2024A user, Sunidhi Rachel Harrison has asked a question at the community of Microsoft. “Is there a way to recover permanently deleted Outlook emails that has been removed from the deleted folder or the recycle bin folder and which is not showing up in “restore deleted emails” option? ”—-the community of Microsoft
I believe most users have mistakenly deleted important emails or empty email boxes, and maybe they may want to know “can I retrieve deleted emails?” “how to find the deleted email?” In this article, we’re here to provide some effective solutions for retrieving deleted Emails in Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo.
Can I recover deleted Emails?
In fact, whether you’ve lost your emails because of accidental deletion, automated filtering, or inactivity on your account, you can and have a way to recover them. Depending on the cause and circumstances of loss, there are different ways to recover lost emails.
|Turn to Trash first
|No empty email box or deletion within 30 days
|Go to Gmail/Outlook/Yahoo Trash
|Filter out by email account filters
|Using email recovery software
|Permanently deleted messages
|Contact the official team
How to recover deleted emails on Gmail?[Computer&Phone]
Gmail, as the free web-based service used by millions of people, provides each user with 15GB storage. If you accidentally delete some emails and want to bring lost emails back, there are two situations, one is that you did not empty the email box or the deletion was within 30 days. In this case, you can bring them back through the Trash of Gmail. And the other is that you have permanently deleted emails in Gmail(the deletion is over 30 days). You may have to contact Google’s support team for help.
Step-by-step tutorial on retrieving Gmail emails through Trash
- Go to Gmail> log in.
- Click more from left list > click Trash.
- Choose the email you want to recover > click Move. > Choose where you want to save the email.
- Open Gmail on your phone.
- Tap the Menu button at the top left.
- Tap Trash.
- Tap the message you want to restore.
- Tap three dots in the top right corner.
- Tap Move to > select a folder to save the message.
Through Gmail Message Recover to find deleted Emails
If your deletion is over 30 days, below is how to contact Google team to retrieve deleted emails back. They will offer you a special tool, Gmail Message Recover to fix your problems.
- Log in to your Gmail.
- Go to the missing emails support page.
- Click the Submit button > Wait for the reply from the Google support team.
❗❗Note: Gmail Message Recover is mainly for use to recover emails that due to Google technical failures or someone accessing your account without permission. So this way is not guaranteed 100% success.
Ways to retrieve deleted emails from Outlook
The powerful email provider, Outlook, also allows you to recover messages or emails that you have accidentally deleted. If you just delete email, but not empty the box, the emails are not permanently lost. They are just marked as deleted and do not show up anymore in the Inbox.
Recover deleted emails from Outlook using the “Deleted Items” folder
- Find the Deleted items folder in your Outlook on the left.
- Select the email you want to recover >right-click it.
- Select Move > other folder > you can choose Inbox or any other boxes you want. > click OK.
- Open Outlook on your phone. > Tap the Outlook icon at the top right corner.
- Select the Deleted folder.
- After choosing what message you want to recover > tap the icon at the top right.
- Choose a folder you want to save the message like Inbox.
Recover deleted emails from Outlook using the restore feature
After you empty the deleted folder, delete a deleted email, Outlook allows you to recover the email within 14 days by default. You can change the time to a maximum of 30 days though.
- Select Deleted Items.
- Click Recover Deleted Items from Server.
- The server will restore the emails from their exchange server and list them for you. Click Restore Selected Items > choose to recover the email >click OK.
- You can save the email to another box if you want.
How to find deleted emails from Yahoo Mail?
Launched in 1994, Yahoo provides users with good features like spam blocking and 1TB of storage. You can find deleted emails via the Trash folder or by sending a Restore Request to them.
Retrieve deleted Yahoo emails via the Trash folder
- Log in to your Yahoo account.
- Go to the Trash folder on the left list.
- Find the email you want to recover.
- Select Move icon > more to the Inbox or other box you like.
- Open your phone browser.
- Go to the Mail.Yahoo.com.
- Sign in with your account.
- Click the sidebar menu (the icon like several lines)
- Go to the Deleted Items.
- Choose the message you want to recover.
- Tap Move to.
- Tap Inbox (or another folder)
❗❗Note: Considering Yahoo email would erase all emails from the “Deleted Items” folder, although you can change the time to 30 days longer, this method may not be effective for you if you haven’t changed.
Retrieve deleted Yahoo emails by sending a Restore Request
- Log in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Go to the email recovery page.
- Click Send a Restore Request.
- Describe your problem (like you accidentally delete message.)
- Answer when you lose the message (from 0 hours to 7 days available.)
- Enter your ID.
- Enter your email address.
- Send the request (the request will take one day or two days to be replied and it is not guaranteed perfect success.)\
Retrieve deleted emails by using data recovery software
If none of the above methods work, data recovery software ONERECOVERY may help you. Without complex steps, you get lost or deleted emails back in just 3 steps with ONERECOVERY, and the whole process is safe and convenient. You can use it on both Windows and Mac computers.
👉Steps to recover deleted email using ONERECOVERY
Step 1: Download and launch ONERECOVERY on your computer.
Step 2: Choose a place or a drive to start the scanning process.
Step 3: Preview your lost emails and recover them in the position you like.
How to recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo?
To recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo, you can just contact the Yahoo official team support to request data restoration. But there is still a possibility to fail. Besides, it can only support recovery with the deletion in 7 days.
How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook?
If you use a Microsoft Outlook account rather than an exchange service like Gmail or Yahoo mail in Outlook, and the deletion exceeds 30 days, you may not retrieve permanently deleted emails from Outlook. However, If the deletion is within 30 days, you can try to recover from Recover Deleted Items to bring deleted emails back. Another solution is to try to use data recovery software like ONERECOVERY.
In this article, we have provided effective solutions to help people deleting or losing their emails bring deleted emails back on Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo. If you use one of these email providers, then you can get back your lost messages with our step-by-step tutorial.
I’m a tech enthusiast specializing in computer repair and data processing. Outside of fixing gadgets, I love penning articles on computer science. Currently, I’m diving deep into AI and data recovery tech. I’m all about staying on top of the latest in these fields. Excited to bring my passion and skills to the table and collaborate on cool projects!